Consumer terms of sale
These terms relate to items supplied to you through the Falcon Vintners Ltd website.
Formation of the contract
- These terms of sale apply to all goods supplied by Falcon Vintners Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03024217, having its registered office at 93 Bohemia Road, St Leonard’s-on-Sea, East Sussex TN37 6RJ (“the Company”).
- No contract exists between you and the Company for the sale of any goods until the Company has received your order together with payment and the Company has accepted your order. Once your payment has been received, the Company will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. The Company’s acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between you and the Company.
- The Company may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
Description and price of the goods
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the Company’s Website at the time you place your order. The prices shown on the Company’s website are only applicable to sales made through the Company’s website.
- No warranty expressed or implied exists concerning the marketability, quality or condition of the products for sale. However every effort is made to verify the authenticity and provenance of the products for sale. Any photographic evidence we have concerning the external bottle condition is available on request, however the contents cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the product.
- The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, the Company will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or recredit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Company’s website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, the Company will inform you by email to the address provided in your order form as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you cancel, the Company will refund or recredit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, as shown during the checkout process on the Company’s website. If you do not agree with the delivery price stated during checkout then you do not have to proceed with your order.
- The price of the goods and delivery charges are exclusive of VAT and Duty where stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit and charge cards, the Company may validate the names and addresses supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g. Electoral Roll data). We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to dispatch your order.
- Payment is due on invoice, and may be made by bank transfer to the Company account on the invoice or debit and credit cards – Maestro, Switch, Visa, Amex or Mastercard.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of order unless the customer has an approved credit account. The company reserves the right to charge 2% interest per month compound if invoices are not settled within the agreed time. All further deliveries will be suspended in the event that any payment is overdue.
Title and risk
All wines remain the property of Falcon Vintners Ltd until payment is received in full. Falcon Vintners Ltd shall retain title to all goods (other than goods in your direct physical possession following delivery or collection and payment in full for those goods) sold by us until all the sums due from you in respect of any order have been paid. Risk in all goods shall pass to you as soon as the Company notifies you that they are available. If goods within the Company ownership are held by any third party on your behalf you will upon our request instruct that third party to hold the goods to our order.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order providing the destination is a shippable address. We reserve the right to cancel orders to non-shippable address (for example, USA dry states.)
- If you have provided a UK delivery address that is not a mainland United Kingdom address (e.g. the Scottish Isles, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands) an additional delivery charge may apply. The Company will contact you and provide you with a quote.
- Some international delivery addresses may incur an additional delivery surcharge. The Company will contact you and provide you with a quote.
- The Company has no control over any additional charges which may be levied by or restrictions on supply of the goods which may be applied by the authorities in charge in the area to which the product is exported.
- When placing your order you may wish to contact us with instructions for delivery alternatives in case you are not in.
- We require that the goods are signed for or accepted by a responsible adult, who is legally able to accept the goods.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods to you within 10 days however, in rare cases, this may be longer.
- All orders must be inspected at time of delivery and any shortages or breakages should be notified to the carrier immediately before accepting the goods.
- The Company will not be liable for any degradation in the quality of the contents or packaging of any product during transport by courier.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any delay in delivery.
Return of goods/Cancellation
- Orders for goods invoiced to UK private individuals may be cancelled within 14 days of receipt of the goods providing a request to cancel is received in writing. A full refund will be offered providing the goods are returned in perfect condition. If returned wines are not deemed to be in a saleable condition, a re-delivery fee will also be charged. Any cancelled order will be refunded within 30 days from receipt in to our warehouse. A charge for collections will be payable.
- En primeur sales are exempt from right of cancellation.
The Company is not liable for any failure to meet it’s obligations due to occasional circumstances beyond it’s control.
These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
Complaints and queries
If you are not happy with any aspect of our service, or if you have any queries or comments, please either email us at email@example.com, telephone us on +44 (0)20 8516 7780 or write to Falcon Vintners Ltd, Trident Business Centre, 89 Biockersteth Road, London SW17 9SH.
General website terms & conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Company website (the “Company Site”) and your relationship with Falcon Vintners Ltd (the “Company”, “we” or “us”). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Company Site. If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the company site
- The Company Site is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Company Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. References to these Terms and Conditions include the consumer terms of sale.
- You must be over eighteen years old to purchase alcohol from the Company Site.
- All personal details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any other party (including those outside of the EEA). As an additional security precaution we do not store any credit card details on our website.